Sunday 7 September 2014

Glasgow Fruitluck

I have been running a fruitluck in Glasgow for about 2 years.

So what is a "fruitluck" exactly?

Well, quite simply it is like a potluck in which fruit is brought to share instead of cooked food.  Usually if the weather is good it is a big picnic where fruit lovers can come together and enjoy the love of fruit together.

Most of the people that come are vegan and some are raw or high raw though anyone is welcome. Conversations often revolve around the lifestyle and what is going on in the Youtube world.

I have not made a big effort to promote the group apart from occasional Facebook posts.  It has taken me a few years to realise that this wasn't good enough.

So before this fruitluck I decided to put some effort into messaging people and sending out more emails to ask people to come.  It only took me maybe 30 mins.  This little bit of effort resulted in 6 new people turning up, which was completely unexpected.

We had 11 people in total.  Hopefully this is a good sign and I can continue to put more work and time into growing the group.

If you would like to check out the group sign up for updates at:


I guess this is all in line with my feeling that I need to put more work into promoting all of the things I am doing, like my Youtube channel and the UK Fruit Festival.  A little bit of work goes a long way.  I especially think that taking the time to individually message people is very powerful.

On another note, I got home from Woodstock last week.  I haven't really had a good fruithaul since then so i have been eating dates, grapes, orange juice...usual staples for me if I am unprepared.

I have also been eating the "Kentuckified Cauliflower" recipe that Dr Doug Graham showed at one of his food demos at Woodstock.  This is really delicious and looks like this:


The recipe is pretty simple.  Here is mine:

1.Blend together roughly equal volumes of tomatoes and celery.  
2. Blend in tahini (preferably raw) until it gets a little thick.  
3. Blend in your preferred herbs and spices, perhaps some mild chili powder for example.  
4. Cut cauliflower into florets and dip them into the sauce you have made.  
5. Place them on the dehydrator tray and put in the dehydrator for 2 hours at 135 (I guess that's fahrenheit).

For more stuff like this you may want to check out Doug's upcoming culinary skills class in Sedro Wooley, Washington.  More details can be found here:


I will need to go out today and get some more fruit.  Hopefully I can hit the large wholesale fruit market in Blochairn next week.  Being able to buy wholesale is a great advantage on this lifestyle.  Not only do you save money but you can buy in bulk quickly without waiting at a long checkout for the operator to weigh all of your bananas.

I am off to get on with the rest of the day,

Yours in fruitful abundance...

Ronnie






No comments:

Post a Comment